This project is read-only.
1

Resolved

Plugins not restored

description

Even though the plugin(s) were backed up succesfully (I checked if it was in the backup), they are not put back on restore.
 
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
 
Win7-32 bits

file attachments

comments

ScottIsAFool wrote Feb 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Can you please do the following:
  1. Create a backup of just your plugins.
  2. Try restoring your plugins, if it hasn't worked again, check the logfile, if you still get the same Exception error, please email the wlwbackup file to wlwbackup@scottisafool.co.uk.
Could you also do Start > Run > %temp% and copy the full path from the explorer window and include that in your email.

sunsh wrote Feb 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Backup of just plugins and restoring that one worked fine. Location of %temp%, incase you still need it: C:\Users\Cornelia\AppData\Local\Temp

ScottIsAFool wrote Feb 24, 2009 at 3:31 PM

And have you then tried doing your previous backup? The one that originally failed? Does that still fail?

sunsh wrote Feb 24, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Just tried the one that failed before, it still fails:
24-2-2009 18:03:52: Restore of "D:\BACKUP\WLW\210209full.wlwbackup" started.
24-2-2009 18:03:55: Illegal characters in path.
24-2-2009 18:03:55: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(String path)
at LiveWriterBackupWPF.ZipUtil.UnZipFiles(String zipPathAndFile, String outputFolder, String password, Boolean deleteZipFile)
at LiveWriterBackupWPF.frmMain._doRestore_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Do you want that wlwbackup?

sunsh wrote Feb 24, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Some more testing. Just made a new full backup with default settings. Again restoring plugins failed, same in log as with the previous backup that failed.

sunsh wrote Feb 24, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Found the culprit: if I don't backup drafts the plugins get restored just fine. So somehow drafts is preventing restore (possibly of all components).

sunsh wrote Feb 27, 2009 at 6:02 PM

This issue continues to exist in Beta 3. Including my Drafts in the backup prevents succesful restore.

wrote Feb 27, 2009 at 6:02 PM

ScottIsAFool wrote Feb 27, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Whoops, put the code in to fix this for beta 3, but forgot to assign it to anything. Have corrected that and will be fixed in the next release.

wrote Feb 27, 2009 at 11:17 PM

wrote Mar 3, 2009 at 9:02 AM

sunsh wrote Mar 5, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I confirm this is fixed in RC1

wrote Feb 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

wrote Jun 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM