Should they be crossed or not crossed?

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:13 PM
When I placed a cross inside all of the choices, such as blog, blog templates, plug ins, etc, nothing was saved to my external drive. there was not a save available to restore. So when I uncrossed everything a save was made. Note that no plug ins were restored. So should they have a cross inside or not? And if not, why weren't they all backed up? The file was not there.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM
To save something, it should be ticked. So are you saying if you have *everything* ticked it's not saving it?
Feb 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM
IN all the different choices you can either place a CROSS or just leave it blank. For my first three  backups I had everything 'crossed' but, when I then tried to restore, they weren't there. So no restore possible. Since then I have now got the whole of your backup program running under Admin permissions, and have now done another back up just now with everything CROSSED again. (Scott,maybe you would be better off making this CROSS into a TICK as it is confusing especially to new users, a CROSS usually signifies to most folks 'don't or a negative' just my twopenceworth!
Now this time it looks as if  the back up has been completed successfully but I will have to delete some of my plug ins again to check this.

Obviously I will be prepared to also delete some posts later, but for now I will just test for the plug ins. they are easily restored if it all goes 'bottoms up!'
Feb 24, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Hmm, just done a restore from the last backup, and some of my posts have gone AWOL. The last one I have done. Will have to go and fetch it. Also Scott your smiley plug in, now appears twice which is strange. Its the only one to have duplicated itself. the others which are the polaroid plug in, and Rahuls smiley plug in are okay.